Monday, February 27, 2017

YOU ARE...what you think you are!

Yesterday I got a text from a former student who I have been trying to help get a career started. The job is to join the team at Lowe's and to have some money for college and also eventually move out of her parent's home. 
The text read..."Ms. Rachel, you said the job is mostly computers, well I am not good at technology." Okay, so how do you expect to get a job? 99.9% of jobs today require a level of computer technology; and even if the "Machine does the work for you..." you still have to know how to run the computers that run the machine. 
This morning, I explained to the student..."The Buddha teaches "The mind is everything...what you think about yourself you are!" This teaching is also taught to us by King Solomon in the Proverbs of the Bible Proverbs 23:7a "For as he thinketh in his soul, so is he." Every culture around the world has had this teaching...so let me encourage you! You are more than what you think you are. You are a child of the Living God, who loves you more than you will ever know. You are not stupid, you are not a loser, you are not a mistake...you are greater than you think about yourself, you don't know your own potential, you are God's creation, you are perfect the way He made you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...