Thursday, December 28, 2023

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trust." Trust was hard to come by because my life started falling apart. I lost my best friend and my church, I finished seminary but couldn't get a job in chaplaincy. 

Despite all that, I continued to try to learn more about "Trust." I won't lie it was hard, and there were times when I would ask God "How can you expect me to trust you when all these other things had happened?"

My next word was Patience, another dangerous word, but that was the year I got my new job with a company I love, and I have continued to forge ahead with it over the years. 

Then something happened; I didn't pick a word for a few years. 

The other night I got an email from Mike Ashcroft, the founder of "My One Word." the email basically said, "Hey it's time to say goodbye to our words for 2023." And I realized I didn't have a word to leave in 2023. I had learned a great deal without having a word, and trust was certainly part of what I learned. 

So what would I choose in 2024? Would I choose a word in 2024? 

I started to go through lists of words: 

Worth

Dream

Trust

Patience

Wisdom

self-love

self-assurance

Joy

Peace

Forgiving

Prayer

Abundance

Fearless

Yes

Consistency 

Grace

and I also spent time praying. The word I felt God impress upon me is to be a person of Intention; to be intentional about prayer, to be intentional about faith, prayer, making myself available to God and others. 

So would you like to join me? Choose a word, you choose from the list or explore ideas of the kind of person you want to be in 2024. Leave your word in the comments and we'll explore them together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...