Sunday, September 4, 2016

Ask and it shall be given to you...

These past two months have been surreal. First off, I was asked to help my minister facilitate classes in our new Bible Study. Next I was nominated to work on committee at the church and  next thing I know I was asked if I had ever considered returning to get my M. Div. Degree. I hadn't of course. But over the past two months, I have honestly had little God moments. I've been applying for jobs left and right and can't get interviews. 

However, this has to do with something I prayed for on Friday evening. As I was looking at Divinity school applications; I started to get discouraged thinking I there was no way I would be able to return to school. Thursday, I had mentioned to my best friend "I don't know where I am going to get an academic letter...I mean I didn't go to campus at Liberty...I guess I could ask my community college teacher!" Then on Friday, as I was looking at the applications, I saw that to apply at my number 1 choice school--I would need $55. I just said "God, if you want me to apply for Duke, then I need an assignment at the paper and I will use that money to apply at the school." So as I got in my car to go have dinner with my parents; my phone went nuts and it was my editor asking me to shoot an assignment. 

Then today, when I was at Starbucks, the professor came in and I got to speak with her. 

How awesome is that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...