Friday, June 30, 2017

Take Time for Self

Last week, I took a "social media fast." It was truly amazing. I realized today that it was 3 years since my scare with cancer. Since that time I have filled my life with things that make others happy. However, that is no longer the case. During my fast, I realize that I needed to reexamine my priorities. I can't say that it was easy, but I can tell you that it was an awesome time of getting closer to God. One thing that happened is the opening of my heart back to God and realizing that I need to follow my calling--I also put behind me some of the foolish ideas that I have to be something other than what I am.

Over this past week, I have been looking at those things that make me happiest. Over the past month, I decided I would purchase a $600 mountain bike; however, I have decided that I am now seeking something greater! So what can I do with an extra $600? Well there are two purchases that I really want to make...an Acoustic/Electric Bass guitar and a digital piano. Music is my life and I love it immensely! And I really want to learn to play Bass, and I love writing my own songs, so I wanted to start playing piano again.

This weekend, I am taking another media fast. I will probably take off Friday evening to early Sunday evening from social media to spend more time in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...