Monday, November 9, 2020

Kregel Book Review: 40 Questions about Angels, Demons and Spiritual Warfare

Recently with the election happening in the USA, and a personal experience I had during a protest, I immediately realized that what our nation is facing isn't a natural battle, it's quite honestly spiritual. I started reading everything I could on spiritual warfare, so when this book came up for review, I knew immediately, I wanted to read it.

C.S. Lewis reminds us that "There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight. The sort of script which is used in this book can be very easily obtained by anyone who has once learned the knack; but disposed or excitable people who might make a bad use of it shall not learn it from me."

Gilhooly, takes a topic that is often obsessed over and makes it relatable and easy to understand. Historically, it is understood by Christians that humans are made for relationship with God. Second, there are seemingly no rules relating to the supernatural. Finally, even though there are seemingly not rules to the supernatural, Satan and his demons as well as God and his Angels are real. Therefore, spiritual warfare must be real. While I didn't agree with the author on his definition of Spiritual Warfare, I definitely enjoyed the book and it challenged me, and gave me reasons to question what I believe about spiritual Warfare. 

Topics include: 

  • Do believers have guardian angels?
  • Can Christians be demon possessed?
  • Are there territorial spirits?
  • Why and when did the devil fall from heaven?
  • What is the role of prayer in spiritual warfare?
  • Are there such things as spiritual curses?
This book is concisely written, easily understood, yet tackles hard topics that even some trained theologians find themselves unable to explain. If I had to give the book a rating one to ten, I would rate it as an 11. 

**The Book 40 Questions about Angels, Demons and Spiritual Warfare was provided to me by Kregel Publishers for a honest review.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...