Friday, February 15, 2013

What Pope?

It may be that because I am not Catholic I don't see the significance of the Pope's renunciation of Papal power. What will happen now? Will the Catholic church fall and fail? Will things change in the Catholic church for the better? Will priests be able to marry? Will women finally be able to be priests, Bishops and someday Popes?

As a Christian who accepts my Jewish heritage, these questions strike me as funny and completely worthless. Instead of focusing on some man in Rome, why don't we focus our attention on Jesus Christ?

The pope is fallible, he's not worthy of our praises or honor, yet many Catholics give the praise and respect to him...

Instead I urge you all to look to JESUS CHRIST as the leader of our churches...and remember that it is only God who deserves our praises and honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...