Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Kregel Book Review (Charts on the Life, Letters and Theology of Paul)


Do you find all the facts about Paul to be confusing? Do you see yourself wanting to know some “fine” details about the Apostle’s life, yet find yourself not knowing exactly where to start? Maybe you are a student at a seminary and you need information on Paul that the bible just didn’t give you and that your professor went over too fast in class to really ‘get.’ Maybe you are the professor and you want to tell your students everything that you can about Paul and you don’t know how to write it all down in notes that will not hinder your student’s success. No matter where you are in your discovery of Paul, this book is a MUST have.
As a recent seminary student, I wished I had this book when I was studying New Testament II. Like many others I found myself struggling with understanding Paul and his Theology; but once I read this book, I realized that what I was missing wasn’t the “what”; I was totally missing the organization that this book provides. The simple way the charts are laid out and the information that they give are more than most of my textbooks put together. In over 100 charts the background, life, letters, theology and missionary journeys are laid out.

The layout is fantastic, the charts are chock full of information on every facet of Paul that one can ever want to know; Lars Kierspal writes with such knowledge about Paul, that it leaves you wanting to dig deeper into your studies on Paul and even left me wanting to meet this Paul face to face!

This is definitely a resource must for student, layman, and professional minister.

**The book was provided to the reviewer (by the Publisher) for an unbiased opinion and is not contingent on a positive review.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...