Saturday, November 30, 2013

What The Old Testament Authors Really Cared About



Are you looking for a Textbook that gives a great survey of the bible that Jesus would have used? This is it! What the Old Testament Authors really cared about is a great book that gives information that many are seeking and too afraid to ask about. Easily understood this book is written in the format of the Law, Prophets and Writings just as the Jewish Tankah would be.
Each Chapter heralds information that is simplistic yet still deep enough for a graduate student to use in their studies. When you begin each chapter you are given a “Who When Where Why” overview and a short synopsis of the book. You are also introduced to the K-I-N-G-D-O-M story through images program. This unique tool helps you know what the book is talking about as well as what each image means. By mixing illustrations with modern Israel photos and drawings, the story of the OT comes to life and helps the modern reader understand why Jews do what they do today; based on what their faith taught them years ago.
As a youth minister I looked for books that would help me make the Old Testament relevant to my students. As a Bible teacher, I continue that search and have found a timeless resource in this book. It is my hope that everyone who reads this book will also find a timeless resource and a renewed joy in reading the Old Testament with understanding of what the authors really cared about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...