Sunday, December 31, 2017

Sexual immorality, abortion and other conversations I had today...

I wish I could say something really profound as we leave 2017 behind. I wish I could give you a word of encouragement for 2018. However, my heart is heavy tonight. It is heavy because today, I spent some time listening to women expound upon why abortion is their right and none of my business.

What these women didn't understand is where I come from in my life and why I am not pro-choice. For me, your choice was to get in bed with that person. It was your choice to not use protection; however, whether you allow another person (yes, I believe life begins at conception) live or die is NOT your right nor is it your choice.

For a lot of people reading this, the first thing you are going to think is "What about rape or incest?" Well, what of it? They are horrendous crimes and the man should be held accountable. However, the video that I was responding to, wasn't engaging people that were raped or becoming pregnant by some other horrendous crime. It was glorifying abortion as a corrector of mistakes, a convenience method to getting rid of a child.

What these women didn't accept is that not only was I speaking out against abortion, but I was also speaking out against sexual immorality. One woman decided to mock me and say "So what is your deal? You say you're a virgin, but the next sentence you say you can't get pregnant. SO which is it?" Then she bragged about putting me in my place. At which point I told her "When I was 23, I went through premature menopause and found out at 26 I would never have children. I am a virgin, but because of what was going on in my body, I found out something that most women don't find out until after they are married or are trying to get pregnant. So next time you want to put someone "in their place" maybe you need to find out why they are having infertility issues and maybe instead of assuming that they are lying, try finding out what is going on for them."



No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...