Tuesday, January 15, 2019

New Year, New Me...sort of


As 2018 drew to a close, I realized two things were going to be changed in 2019. The first one I have done well with. That is taking back my life and health. Many will cringe, but I have started a modified keto diet, using the habits I learned from “Optavia” and Dr. Wayne Scott Andersen’s book, Discovering your optimal health. For me, the modification comes in that I don’t eat processed foods; so purchasing the company’s branded products is out of the question. However, realizing that food is fuel for my body and what I fuel my body with has helped me tremendously to get into a fat-burning or Ketosis. 

The other thing that I have accepted as leaving in 2018 is my ability to be drawn into other people’s drama. Since losing my best friend in 2015 due to “the crazy” I have decided that life is better lived as “Not my Circus, not my monkeys.” Yes, I still sometimes get drawn into drama, but I have learned that being drawn into drama isn’t doing me any favors—mentally, physically, and most importantly spiritually. 

1 Thessalonians 4:10-12 simply states 10 And it’s evident you learned that lesson well by the way you love all the people of Macedonia. Brothers and sisters, we urge you to love even more 11 and make it your goal to lead a peaceful life, mind your own business, and keep your hands busy in your work, as we have instructed you. 12 That way you will live peacefully with those on the outside, and all your needs will be met without depending on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...