Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Book Review: The Parables: Jesus' Friendly Subversive Speech

This book, what can I say? Unless you are really familiar with the Jewish sages you probably wouldn't realize that Jesus' style of teaching was the same as the Rabbis that taught in the temple. To say that I enjoyed this book would be an understatement. From explaining that the parables were Jesus' way of revealing deeper meaning to challenging my own understanding of the parables this book kept me intrigued. 


This book is truly a treasure for the layman and the pastor alike. Whether it is learning persistence from the widow, to the joy of salvation that God the father must feel when one comes home to Him. This treasury is straight-forward and doesn't shy away from telling others what they need to be looking for in the parables. 


I received the copy of this book from Kregel Publishers in exchange for an unbiased opinion of the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...