Saturday, April 16, 2022

Holy Saturday

I am sitting here, it's Holy Saturday. The day in the story of Easter that Christ is laying in the tomb. He was crucified just mere hours ago. His followers are wondering if this is the end of the story. They are gathered together, Mary is probably there, Mary of Magdala is probably there; as are other female followers of Christ. They are sitting there in a room, wondering what is next. Even though Christ himself had told them, in three days the temple will be rebuilt. Christ would be a risen savior. 

However, I find myself on holy Saturday, wondering much like the disciples; what's next? How is God going to work in my life? Will what I prayed for during Lent come to pass? Or will I live another year, just hoping that I was good enough to "make the list." 

Holy Saturday is a day of holy reverence looking towards the resurrection of Christ Jesus. Today is the say we sit in silence and we contemplate all that we have seen and wonder, as I do, will it make a difference tomorrow. 

I don't know. But for now, the silence is deafening, but speaking to my Father, I know that a better day is coming tomorrow--and that will make all the difference in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...