Friday, August 3, 2018

Let It Go or Shake the Dust?


Idina Menzel sings a song called “Let it Go!” When I get hooked on something my friends will often say “Rachel, be like Elsa and LET IT GO!” my response was “Did you even see Frozen?” most just shrug their shoulders and one or two will actually answer…and I continue on. When Elsa let it go, the entire country froze over in ice because of the anger and hurt in her heart! She truly became an ICE WITCH and it wasn’t “cool!” (no real pun intended). 

Earlier this week, I came under what I can only explain as a spiritual attack. So I knew I was on the right track with my 90 Day Bible Reading Challenge. So after two days into the reading, I decided to open it to more people, my readers, my facebook friends and the two women who were attacking me. 

Today, they wrote in the comments that the only reason I chose to challenge them is because I didn’t want to study the Sabbath observance. When in reality, I told them, “We can certainly study that after we do this 90 day challenge.” However, they continued to harass me and judge me. So I have decided to tell my readers the reason why I challenged everyone to do this study with me. 

The first reason is because it is INTENSE! It’s nearly 10 chapters daily! Tomorrow, I finish the book of Genesis and Sunday start Exodus. That’s one book in 4 days. This isn’t for the weak or faint of heart! This is an intense reading of God’s word. 

2. The Bible says “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)

3. The Bible also says “Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.”

I felt that asking these people to read the Bible along with me, wouldn’t be seen as a threat or a challenge—rather that it would become a chance for us to read the Bible, discuss various topics. I am certainly open to talking about the Sabbath, but when that is your ONLY point of interest in the Bible, we have nothing to discuss. Needless to say I was turned down and in turn, I was attacked. 

So like Elsa, I decided to “let it go!” I wrote both women an email and explained why we wouldn’t continue in the journey of faith together and I deleted them from Facebook, and blocked them as well. Truthfully, it’s sad…but Matthew 10:14 also tells us “And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town.” So tonight, I shook the dust from my feet and walked away. You see there comes a time when even the Savior of the world grew tired of people not listening to his urgent message and there will be time when God tires of your excuses of not accepting His truth. Psalm 81:12 “So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts, to follow their own counsels.”

Friends, I don’t know about you and why accepting this challenge was so hard for two women in light of why I told them to join me; but having to shake the dust from my feet, was hard because you see I am a fighter—my friend Audrey called me the “Giant Killer!” But sometimes, the Giant isn’t yours to battle and you just have to walk away. 

Grace and Peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...