Sunday, September 1, 2019

Spiritual, Psychological, and Physical Maintenance

3 John 1:2 states Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul. 

I have been gone for nearly a month from my blog. Mainly because I have been blogging on health on a different site. That doesn't mean that I don't want to write about theology/religion any longer, however, it has been nice taking a break from theology to write about becoming healthy. One thing I didn't realize was how even though I'd say that I am spiritually healthy, I am mentally and physically lacking. To be truly healthy, as John says we must be in good over all health.

Since March, I have been on a journey. A journey to get more healthy, to lose weight and to find happiness that had been lacking over the years. As of today, I can proudly say that I have lost 56 pounds. While that may not be much, it is HUGE for me. It is huge because I am noticing a change, this has given me a new understanding of life.

Like many people, I was looking for a quick fix. I thought being ultra conservative would make me happy, it didn't. I thought being hyper-spiritual would be what I needed; it wasn't. I am definitely not the same person I was before I went to Kenya. In fact, I am closer to knowing where I believe God is calling me. However, if I hadn't started this journey of health, I wouldn't know.

So if I don't write here as often for a while, please forgive me; I just need to be away for spiritual maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...