Monday, November 25, 2019

Kregel Book Review: Big Greek Ideas Series: John's Letters

In seminary, I had the bright idea to take Greek. I hated it! Even today when I speak to young people who want to take Greek, I tell them, "If Hebrew was the language of the Lord, Greek was the language of Satan!" (Jokingly of course!)

However, the editor's of this book had three groups of people in mind--Preachers, Professors, and students. This is a user friendly book, but definitely not a layman's book. It's technically written, it presents ideas from a textbook prospective, it goes deep into Greek, but isn't user friendly to people who haven't studied the languages of the Bible.

This being said, I think it is an amazing book that presented itself well. It would serve well in a classroom setting for people who are seriously studying the Greek language, have studied and need a refresher.

Over all I think the book was well written, subject matter was well thought out and it brought insight to the letters that John wrote.

**This book was provided to me by the publisher for an unbiased opinion.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...