Friday, February 25, 2022

A Prayer for Ukraine

A friend of mine posted today that she was tired of watching history take place. I know what she's saying, she is tired of watching the big things in history take place. At 42, I have lived through a pandemic, and now I am watching what I have described as the beginning of World War III. If you don't know what I am talking about, Russia has started an all out war against Ukraine. 

And tonight I am sitting here, much like my friend said, "tired of watching history happen." Mainly I am heartbroken for the people of the Ukraine. I am nervous because of the threats that are being made against anyone who tries to help the Ukraine. Russia had over 6000 nuclear weapons and the President of Russia isn't afraid to use them. 

Matthew 24:6 (ESV) And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

I take heart that the end is not yet, but I don't take heart that the war has come. Innocent children, men and women are being hurt tonight, they are having to flee their homes and yet here we sleep comfortably in our beds. My heart is broken for the people of Ukraine. I have had people ask me "why does this matter?" My response has been selfish, because "if Putin can attack Ukraine, an independent nation, what is stopping him from attacking other European countries? Or even the US?"

However, tonight I am taking time to pray for Ukraine and for peace. 

Today when I watched BBC, I saw a woman standing in the street bold as ever, prayer book in hand and the reporter walked up and said "what are you doing?" The woman looked at him, and said "I am a woman of God, and I know God can bring peace to our countries."  This meant so much to me, because how often do we who live in relative safety actually pray with that kind of intention? 

So I am writing a prayer tonight for Ukraine, for Russia and for our World. 

God, Humbly I come, a poor repentant sinner. I am not worthy to ask for you to hear my prayer, but I know that you will, because you are good, good father. God, tonight my heart is broken. I watch the news and I see the hate that is manifesting itself in our country, and I see the hate that is manifesting itself in Europe. Tonight God, right at this moment as bombs are falling in Kyiv, I pray that You bring peace to the hearts and minds of the citizens of Ukraine.

I am coming boldly before your throne and I ask that you are with the people of the Ukraine. Those who know you personally, be with those that don't that they may know you. Father, God, send your angels to protect those that need protecting, send your angels to minister those who need ministering to; send a messenger to Putin; soften his heart to You, God.

Turn the hearts of the soldiers from Russia, make them bold to do the right thing and stand against their current leader. 

God, Satan has come to kill, steal and destroy, but we, WE YOUR CHILDREN stand against Satan, we stand in the gap and we pray for PEACE over the UKRAINE. 

I pray for the Christian brothers and sisters in Ukraine and in Russia; I pray for President Zelensky that you will give him Godly wisdom to know how to handle this situation. 

God, I pray you send a messenger to Valdimir Putin. That you soften his heart to hear a message of Peace from the Prince of Peace Himself. 

God, bring reconciliation to the Ukraine and to Russia. Bring the War to a just yet swift end; and as we join our brothers and sisters in prayer, God break our hearts from what breaks yours. 

Praying with our brothers and sisters in Ukraine as they pray: 

Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name. 
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy will be done, 
on Earth as it is in Heaven. 
Give us this day our daily bread, 
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those 
who trespass against us. 
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. 
For Thine is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory forever
Amen

In Ukrainian: 
Отче наш, що єси на небесах,
Нехай святиться ім'я Твоє.
Прийде Царство Твоє, нехай буде воля Твоя,
на землі, як і на небі.
Хліба нашого насущного дай нам сьогодні,
прости нам провини наші, як і ми прощаємо ті
які грішать проти нас.
Не введи нас у спокусу, але визволи нас від зла.
Бо Твоє є Царство, і Сила, і Слава навіки
Амінь


In Russian: 
Отче наш, сущий на небесах,
Да святится имя Твое.
Да приидет Царствие Твое, да будет воля Твоя,
на земле, как на небе.
Дай нам на сей день хлеб наш насущный,
прости нам согрешения наши, как и мы прощаем тем
кто посягает на нас.
Не введи нас в искушение, но избавь нас от лукавого.
Ибо Твое есть Царство и Сила и Слава во веки
Аминь


No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...