Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Struggle is Real: Spiritual Attack this week!

Let me tell you! Satan must really have it out for me! Earlier this week, I had issues at the DMV that could have cost me my job; today, I was asked to leave a Bible Study group because "You are too strong in your faith and one of our members who just got saved is offended by you!" Excuse me? You are kicking out a seasoned Christian because someone just became a Christian and is offended by me? So I asked "What offends them?" or "Why are they offended?" The answer: "You went to seminary and they think you are a KNOW-IT-ALL!" Seriously? Okay, so yes, I went to seminary; and when I speak (because this isn't the first time this person has been used to attack me) I start all my sentences with "According to...", "It is my personal belief..." and I even back it up with Scripture, and 99.9% of the time end them with "what do you believe?" or "Maybe we can study this more together..." BUT I certainly don't know it all!
Some people just don't want to learn...they are stuck and can't see beyond what they believe to be "The Truth!" Proverbs 13:18 states "Poverty and disgrace come to him who ignores instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is honored."
However, I rejoice in this "Kicking out." It means that I am enduring one of the things Jesus did...persecution. 2 Timothy 2:11-13 states "The saying is trustworthy, for: If we have died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; if we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself." And Matthew states 5:44 "But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." Matthew 5:10 "“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." 2 Timothy 3:12 "Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted" and my all time favorite for this kind of issue John 15:18 "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you."
You see I could be 100% discouraged by being kicked out of this Bible Study; but I am not discouraged...saddened yes, but not discouraged...I am so happy that I know a living Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...