Saturday, January 30, 2021

A quick temper

 Proverbs 14:17 says A man of quick temper acts foolishly, and a man of evil devices is hated.

I learned this well tonight when someone was arguing over something trivial and I lost my temper. I can't lie and say that I held my tongue, I didn't. I had some choice words for this person. And in the process I hurt a dear friend of mine. When I apologized to my friend she accepted, when I apologized to the person I was arguing with, they chose not to accept the apology. 

The hardest thing to stay to my friend was "I want you to know I do love you and value our friendship...and I screwed up tonight." If you have never messed up a friendship then you don't know how hard those words are to speak. However, if you have messed up, then you know beyond a doubt how hard those words are to speak. 

This being said, I can only hope that God will honor the line of the Lord's prayer from Luke 11:4 And forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...