Saturday, April 7, 2012

Rabbi Sha'ul: Misunderstood Apostle

This semester at seminary, I am studying "Paul" or as Messianic Jews call him Rabbi Sha'ul. There is a lot about Sha'ul that we don't understand. My thesis reads as follows...(please give me some feed back!)

There are many misunderstandings surrounding the Apostle Paul. These misunderstandings have came down through history, has changed the way people view Christianity and the lessons within the New Testament.
In this series of lessons we'll discuss several teachings about Paul.
  • Lesson 1 will focus on Paul as a Pharisee. This lesson will discuss Paul's life, from early training to his persecution of the early foundling church. 
  • Lesson 2 will further our understanding of Paul, by looking at his conversion and his early missionary journeys. 
  • Lesson 3 will focus on Paul's teachings concerning life within the family of God. 
  • Lesson 4 will discuss Paul's teaching on the Law and how it effects both Jewish and Gentile believers!
  • Lesson 5 will look at how the Christian church has mishandled the teachings of Paul and finally how Paul has become one of Christianity's misunderstood characters.
This is just an outline of my lessons and thesis. I do believe that Paul is one of our most misunderstood characters...both for Gentile Christians and Jewish believers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...