Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spiritual Message of Titanic

There is a very spiritual message in the movie Titanic. I hadn't seen it before when I watched the movie, but today when I went to see the movie, I realized there was a spiritual theme running in the story.

Let's look at the "story". First there is Rose, the "runner." She's not happy, she's dissatisfied with her life, on the verge of suicide. 2nd is Cal Hockley, the "adversary." Considered Rose's fiance, rich steel tycoon family and finally we have Jack, the "pursuant." He pursues Rose no matter what comes his way, lies, deceit, etc.

When Jack meets Rose, he falls in love with her. He believes in her, she can do anything that she puts her mind too. Rose, reaches around her body, to take Jack's hand then by accident nearly slides off the back of the boat. Jack tell her "I got you! I'll never let go!"
Just like Jesus feels about us, He pursues us, and he knows that we can do anything as long as we put our trust in Him. We jump, he jumps! Jesus tells us "I got you, I'll never let go!"
When Rose's fiancee Cal comes into play she gets scared, she doesn't love him, and yet he pursues her also. He does everything he can to stop her from finding true love; true happiness. Rose doesn't love him, yet he does everything that he can stop Rose; to bring her to ruin for his own selfish gain. In the end we find out that when the Markets crashed in 1929 he commits suicide.
At the end of the movie we see the elderly Rose sleeping in her bed--only I don't think she's sleeping, rather I think she's crossing over. As we move to a scene of Titanic with Jack in steerage clothing, everyone is there; they watch as Rose goes and meets Jack and in the end she gets what she had waited for her whole life--her reward.

Well Christian, that is the message. All we have to do is hold out our hands, and Jesus is there to take it. Put faith in ourselves and we are no better than the people who put their trust in the steel that made up Titanic. No one ever said it wasn't an unsinkable ship, but they never admitted (until it was too late) that it could sink.


So if you take time to watch Titanic...see what spiritual message it may have for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...