Monday, July 9, 2012

3 commands...

     As I sat in my room yesterday, studying my Bible I came across 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. I got thinking, Jesus gave us the last commandment to go out and preach, make disciples and baptize others. On a public level, those are our last commands from God. BUT...Paul gives us three commands, that are private. Can they affect the way others see us? Of course! Can they change what someone will thinking of us? Sure! But sincerely, they are private commands with public outcomes. 


Starting with Verse 16, simply written "Rejoice Always!"Always give thanks to God. Don't spend a moment without thanking Him for whatever you have. Don't save your thanksgiving just for good times either! Remember that if we can rejoice in the bad times, then our rejoicing is just as sweet in the best of times.


17. Pray without Ceasing--Spend every moment you can in prayer. Again, don't just go to God when things are bad, pray when things are good! Every time you pray you are conversing with the Father of all creation! HE wants to SPEND time with you! Amazing!


18.  in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  -- giving thanks to God for everything builds your relationship with Him. You are able to really tap into joy, and into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...