Monday, July 16, 2012

Such Faith...


If you have known me for a long time, then you will know that I have an interest in the British Royal Family. This won’t surprise some of my friends, others will flip out and say that I am forgetting my Scottish and Irish roots and others will think that I am just weird. Now honestly I can’t say that the United States is better off having defeated the British Army during the revolutionary war; since really all that was accomplished was trading a tyrant 3000 miles way, for a tyrant we can vote into office 380 miles away--at least that is from my house.
Today, I received two magazines, Royalty and Majesty. Both celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. This has had me thinking, I am 32 years old and at this age, I have a very real chance of seeing the United Kingdom having the longest reigning monarch in history. However, I also have the chance to seeing at least three monarchs reigning in the United Kingdom. 
This isn’t the only thing that I have been thinking about. I’ve also been thinking about a letter I wrote when I was probably 8 or 9 years old. I wrote in that letter that I wanted to meet the Queen, but if that was ever to happen, then I would have to trust God; and he’d have to work it out. So have I met the Queen? No. However, I haven’t given up that dream and I trust that if God wants to give me that dream, then He will work it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...