Thursday, September 14, 2017

Trusting God

Scared...yes, that is exactly what I was tonight as I opened the envelope that had come in the mail. I am moving forward in my call to ministry. I knew, after my dinner with the district superintendent, that this was really real.
However, until I held the envelope from the Office of Ministerial Services (OMS) in my hand, it seemed like a distant dream, a far-fetched goal to be called into ministry by the creator of the universe. However, holding that envelope, seeing my name and address on the envelope and reading the monetary cost that is needed to get me through the candidacy process, I am feeling more and more overwhelmed.
At this point, I am needing little more than $450 and honestly, if you know me, I am like many people getting started in ministry, I am broke. I hate begging for money, so as I stared at the envelope sitting on my lap, I laid it on the coffee table, laid my hands on the papers, and said "God, if this is where you want me and I am doing your will the I need you to provide the means for me to continue from this point on."
And that is what I am doing. I did set up my paypal.me account today and you are certainly allowed to use that if you want to donate to my ministry and help me reach my full potential to the Glory of God. I can tell you that 100% of whatever is donated will be used to get me through the candidacy process and then whatever is left over will be donated to my church and our various charities in the UMC.
www.paypal.me/RachelAnders if you want to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...