Friday, September 29, 2017

Fundraising Letter

9/29/2017
Dear Friends and Family:
            Recently I made the decision to answer God’s call to ministry. I am excited about this opportunity to share the love of Jesus Christ, as a local licensed pastor and eventually possibly an Elder in Full Connection in the United Methodist Church and I am writing you to let you know how you can be involved.
            “Why Ministry?” you may be asking.  “Don’t we have enough Pastor’s already?” Did you know that there are over
10 million in the state of NC and of those 10 million people, 48% (or 4.5 million) of those people state that they practice some religion; and of that only 12% (540,000) state that they have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. That means only 5.4% of North Carolinians adhere to Christianity or profess to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. People are hungry for truth, for love and for hope. “How than can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring Good News!” (Romans 10:14-15)
            OK, here are some details for you. I will be attending a discernment weekend in Gastonia on the weekend of November 3-4th. During this weekend retreat I will be meeting my ministry mentor for the first time as well as participating in small group discussions with my mentor for the first two of six mandatory meetings as well as a two part psychological evaluation. For this retreat and this entire discernment period I am going to need lots of prayer. Prayer is really the key to successful ministry and this is no exception. Each one of the exploring candidates needs prayer to be united and to always be focusing on God no matter what happens. I will also need prayer for me personally to stay looking to God and that God will be directing each one to the path to which He has called us. However, I am also seeking financial support. I will also need financial support. The Retreat complete with Psychological exam will cost $425 and I am trusting God to supply for His work. This will cover my transportation, psychological evaluation and retreat materials. I know you may not be able to help financially but prayer is just as important. If you are able to give financial support or are willing to pray for my ministry, please complete the enclosed form and return before September 30th.
            In closing, I would like to say thank you for reading this letter and for considering my needs for prayer and financial support. Please contact me if you have any questions. I am extremely excited about this ministry and hope you can share in my excitement. 

www.gofundme.com/raisfaithjourney
www.paypal.me/RachelAnders

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...