Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Living in the Family of God: The One Another's in Scripture

Do you ever feel like you are doing your best in the family of God? Do you ever feel like other Christians aren't towing the line or even living up to the standards set forth by Christ? I know I do; and I honestly feel bad about it. I don't feel bad because I hold myself to a higher bar within Christianity, I feel bad because I hold everyone else to my standard when my standard doesn't matter.

However, God's word gives us some simple rules to live in peace and harmony with one another (Christian to Christian) and we can even apply those rules to living with those who choose to sojourn with us even as they are strangers (unbelievers). So what exactly are these rules? They are the verses in the Bible that end with "One Another."

Over the next few posts, I have decided to write about the "One Another" Scriptures. I am going to start with the "unity" verses. These verses are about how to get along with each other in the church. I will provide you with the Scripture references each time I write and the next time I write I will be addressing:

Mark 9:50
John 9:43
Romans 12:6; 15:5

Take time over the next few weeks and study these verses. I will also offer discussions if you would like to comment, I welcome them especially as it will allow for us to interact. In addition to my blog, and the questions in the comments section, I have decided to dedicate a Facebook page to these studies so that if you want to post there you can and we can discuss further the message of Scripture and what you pull from your individual studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...