Monday, May 7, 2012

Amendment One in North Carolina


Tomorrow we vote in North Carolina on Amendment One. Some are saying that it’s all about Gay marriage, others are stating it will harm children and unmarried couples. One thing that I want to encourage you all to do, is pray about this before you vote. Then vote on what God reveals to you! It is time for us to stop listening to the commercials and listen to what God says! 
For me, voting for Amendment One had nothing to do with “gay marriage” or any other propaganda that the state has been fed. The reason I voted FOR amendment one is because, while I can relate to my friends (homosexual and heterosexual) on a very human level when it comes to finding someone to love, I can’t relate on a spiritual level to them. 
I am not one of those Christians who think that “God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.” While I don’t agree with the lifestyle of homosexuals, I can’t help but love them. My bible has always said “Love Others, as I love myself.” My bible doesn’t say “Love others and tolerate sin.” Sorry guys! You see my Bible, both Old and New Testaments tells me that sin is wrong. And the lifestyle that today’s people are choosing is completely wrong. 
The Bible states that a man shall leave his parents and cleave to his wife. The Bible also teaches that Marriage is a sacred institution. You’re not supposed to shack up, then have a kid, then get married. Rather, you are to get married, then live together and have children. 
So for me, this amendment wasn’t just about gay marriage. It’s about the sanctity of marriage--it’s also about making people realize that while “love is love”; there is a right way to do things and a wrong way. So while gay marriage does go against my religious beliefs, so does heterosexual couples shacking up.
Will I loose friends because my choice to vote for the amendment? Of course, I already have! However, I will also gain respect from others who know me, and know that I stood up for what I believe in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...