Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Holy and Just God = a Holy and Just judgement


Someday, everyone will stand before a holy and just God, and the only sound will be a resounding “oops!” Within every society in the Bible, God brought judgement to those who disobeyed His words. 
God destroyed the entire cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sin, and the refusing to turn from their ways. Their wickedness was homosexuality. In Genesis 19: 4-8. God would later destroy this city. 
Matthew 12:36 states that “But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.” Jesus goes on to state: “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth. Revelation 3:15-16. 
So I’d rather be under the protection and the permanent provision of support that is available to all men and women, through Jesus Christ. I’d rather speak out against evil, than to hear Jesus say “You were lukewarm (riding the fence) and by doing so, you acted as if you never knew me, therefore I don’t know you!”
Someday, this will happen. Someday everyone will stand before a holy and just God, and those who were lukewarm will say “oops!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...