Sunday, May 20, 2012

How Dare We...continue to live in the sin of silence!


I am writing this message, not only to my readers, but also to myself. I am tired of living a life of silence about my faith in Jesus! Did you know our silence is a sin? We, as Christians are commanded to “GO!” and make from the nations disciples who will in turn tell others of Jesus and make disciples of them? So if we don’t go, tell and make disciples, then we are in complete disobedience to the “great commission.” 
For us to remain silent is to remain in sin, to literally disobey God’s word and command! In 2 Corinthians 5:20, we, believers are called Ambassadors for Christ. So what exactly is an ambassador? According to Evangelism is...it is 1) a diplomatic official of the highest rank appointed and accredited as representative in residence by one government or sovereign to another; 2) A diplomatic official heading his or her country’s permanent mission to certain international organizations such as the United Nations; 3)an authorized messenger or representative.
We are AMBASSADORS for CHRIST. We have experienced new life offered by forgiveness of our sins. We must NOT keep it to ourselves. To tell others of our salvation and forgiveness is our obligation and permanent mission. As ambassadors for Christ, we are the representative in residence from the Kingdom of Light to the Kingdom of Darkness. How dare we keep quiet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

That One Word

Years ago, when I attended The Cove, my life group chose to do the "ONE WORD CHALLENGE." that was also the year I chose "Trus...